This treat is an easy and simple Pre shampoo hair treatment. It takes only a few minutes to make. I usually use this mix when I need a quick conditioning treat before a night out. In this case I had just landed in NYC the night before and a seven hour flight will wreak havoc on your hair and skin. With the upcoming African Business Club cocktail party coming up, I at least wanted my hair to look decent.
- Macerated calendula oil
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Rosemary Essential oil
You can use either olive oil any macerated oil you have made.
Macerated calendula oil
-Macarated oil is oil that has been infused with a herb or flower. The easiest way to do this is to place some dried or freshly chopped herbs in a heatproof bowl and add some oil to completely cover the herbs.
-Place the boil over a pan of boiling water, cover and heat up for over two hours. Top up the water as needed.
-Strain the oil and pour into a dark bottle and label if you need to use it more often.
-Calendula is great as a cleansing remedy for your hair, it helps with dry inflamed skin, grazes and minor burns at the worst.
- Add the olive oil or macerated oil in a glass container as above or a macerating bowl
- Place on a pan of boiling water
- Add the coconut oil
- Let heat for just under 3 minutes so that the oil is warm. Be careful to not boil it. You will be placing it on your scalp and hair! Let the oil sit if unsure.
- Add a couple of drops of your essential oils to the mix.
- Place in a container which will make it easy to distribute it throughout your hair and your scalp.
- Wrap with cling film, et voila. Add a towel for extra heat.
- When it’s time for shampooing, put the shampoo on dry hair to break down the oil molecules. It makes it easier to remove the oil.
Peep below for for the pictures of the party. It was a great success and for a first time event the turnout was great. The leading African brains from the leading ivy league school!!
The party was at a great location in TriBeCa, the food amazing and being back the hubby was the cherry on the cake.